The Blog of
Nadine Dorries
Auschwitz
Posted Tuesday, 26 February 2008 at 12:39

Karen Pollock of the Holocaust Educational Trust and myself at the cemetery.

Photo above of Karen Pollock of the Holocaust Educational Trust and myself in the old Jewish cemetery.

 

In Auschwitz at the old Jewish cemetery.

At the start of the war 58% of the population in Auschwitz were Jewish - rapidly, they all disappeared. What did the other 42% think was happening? Why were they so silent?

The Nazis then destroyed the cemetery, which in itself was symbolic, as in Judaism death is regarded as part of the cycle of life.

The Nazis then lined the streets with the gravestones.

No Jews live here now. The cemetery is locked overnight, since two swastikas were painted on the cemetery walls.


"Hearing is not like seeing" - Rabbi Barry Marcus

 
 
 
 
Contact Nadine
Nadine Dorries MP
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA
via e-mail at: nadine.dorries.mp@parliament.uk
or Telephone on 020 7219 5928

 
My Recent Posts
Posted Thursday, 16 March 2017 at 05:48
 
Posted Friday, 3 March 2017 at 13:03
 
Posted Wednesday, 18 January 2017 at 11:21
 
Posted Tuesday, 6 December 2016 at 13:10
 
Posted Monday, 21 November 2016 at 12:23
 
Posted Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 14:17
 
Posted Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 08:47
 
Posted Wednesday, 16 November 2016 at 15:59
 
Blog Roll
Conservative Home

Dizzy Thinks

Guido Fawkes

Cranmer

Iain Dale

Spectator Coffee House

Political Betting

Politics Home

John Redwood

Dan Hannan

Douglas Carswell

 

Blog Archive